The transition to the Intelligent Enterprise requires a new level of collaboration between knowledge workers, new management principles, practices and organization. Business information systems must provide meaning in context, enable enterprise evolution, and support open dynamic models of a highly interrelated world.
A new approach is needed.
To enable the transformation to the Intelligent Enterprise Sirma has established a new approach to development and deployment of business information systems. It is focused on defining a unified semantic model of interconnected business entities and concepts. The complexity and dynamics of the organization and its environment are adequately modeled and better supported by ICT.
Applications solving various business problems represent different viewpoints of the unified semantic model. Their behavior is determined by executable models of processes, rules and structures rather than built-in functions in sources code. Support for open-world assumption ensures agility and constant upgrade of information and knowledge, represented in context for better decision making.
The Sirma Enterprise Platform is a unique combination between semantic technologies, modelling tools and methods, and leading open-source servers and components. It is designed with a service-oriented architecture (“SOA”) for high performance and reliability in the cloud. The Platform establishes a solid functional foundation for enterprise data integration, content creation and organization, collaboration, knowledge management and business processes. Applications solve various business problem and comprise of specific models and customizations on top of a rich functional foundation.
Currently the platform incorporates the following functional modules:
The ability to quickly develop and grow suites of powerful software-as-a-service products for different industry verticals, incorporating specific domain knowledge, but based on a common platform, has a high potential for disruptive market entry. Sirma Enterprise Systems’ products make advanced technologies that up to now were only available to Fortune 1000 companies, affordable for the much larger number of small & middle companies worldwide.
Integrated open-source servers/components include:
CentOS, Docker Swarm, WildFly, Nginx, Nagios, Talend Open Studio, ActiveMQ, IIPImage Server, Keycloak, OpenLDAP, Infinispan, Pupeteer, Elastic Stack, Graphana, Prometheus, ImageMagick
Open-source components are integrated, performance enhanced and stabilized. They are never updated directly from the community editions.
The Sirma Enteprise Platform is developed in Java.
Backend: Java 8/JMS/JPA/JAXB/JAX-RS/EJB, RDF4j, Maven, Liquibase, Jackson, Dozer, Kryo, Apache POI, Apache Tika, pdfJS, Hibernate, SpringBoot
Frontend: AngularJS, jQuery, Bootstrap, SASS, GulpJS, JSPM, Babel, Karma, Protractor
The differentiating competitive characteristics of the Sirma Enterprise Platform approach to application delivery include:
- Supports the complexity and dynamics of the interconnected business at a new level,
- Greatly improves decision making by providing relevant information in context and by accumulation and reuse of corporate knowledge,
- Ensures gradual evolution of MIS together with the changing business and its environment,
- Able to quickly develop new applications that add value to all other existing applications,
- Complements and adds value to legacy applications and data,
- Long-term return on IT investment is significantly higher,
- Total cost of ownership for applications and multiple data integration is significantly lower,
- Enables organizational change though a new level of integration, collaboration and knowledge.
The planned pipeline of products includes application suites for small & medium-size business, discrete manufacturing, libraries, archives and museums (“LAM”), public sector. Next targets of verticals would be printing and packaging, financial services and insurance, process manufacturing, life sciences.
Applications and custom projects can be seen at SirmaEnterprise.com
The future development of the platform would focus on:
- Architecture development, well defined interfaces, tools and documentation, which would allow for other companies to develop new applications for the platform
- Creation of an “ecosystem” of developers and implementers to extend the development of the open-source code
- Models and tools for knowledge management, expert systems and intelligent decision making,
- Business intelligence modules with integration of data bases and instruments for multidimensional analysis (OLAP),
- Development of tools for ontological modelling and integration of heterogeneous data within federation of systems,
- Mechanisms for automatic recognition of business objects and events from text documents,
- Specification of models for strategic and operational management of the enterprise,
- Further development of the tools for content creation and collaboration
We focus on a software-as-a-service subscription model although in-house installations are available. Customers benefit from efficient cost model, rapid deployment, and continuous support and updates of the Platform. Furthermore, additional customization and inclusion of specific corporate knowledge is possible, a capability that is rarely provided by other SaaS-based solutions.